OSTP : ET and UFO FOIA Appeal Launched

As mentioned in a previous blog the OSTP was deceptive in their answer to my FOIA request asking for "all records ... on the subjects of UFOs, Unidentified Flying Objects, extraterrestrial, or extraterrestrial life."

The reply issued by the OSTP was that there were no records. This is not true. Both I and John Greenewald, who runs the Black Vault, have filed previous FOIAs with the OSTP and have received UFO documents.

The rule OSTP seems to have established is that every calendar year they can start over with the reply "there are no files" and only the documents created in that calendar year count when requested in an FOIA.

That may be the rule, but it will only be the rule after a fight, and after I make it clear to all watching exactly what is taking place.

This is the draft of the FOIA appeal that will be filed in a few minutes. 



January 1, 2012



General Counsel Rachael Leonard
Office of Science and Technology Policy
Washington DC

Re: Freedom of Information Act Appeal

Dear General Counsel

This is an appeal under the Freedom of Information Act.

On November 9, I requested documents under the Freedom of Information Act. My request was assigned the following identification number: FOIA 12-10. On December 12, I received a response to my request in a letter signed by Diana Zucker. I appeal the denial of any applicable documents. A copy of my FOIA request and the agency determination which is the subject of this appeal is attached for your convenience.

The reply to my FOIA was that there were no documents responsive to my request. This is not true, and a proper search for "all records ... on the subjects of UFOs, Unidentified Flying Objects, extraterrestrial, or extraterrestrial life" inside the OSTP should take place. My evidence to support this claim is as follows;



·       In FOIA 11-14 the OSTP responded to an FOIA asking for documents pertaining to the UFO phenomena with results and not the “no documents” reply I received. This FOIA is published on line at http://www.scribd.com/doc/70845097/All-UFO-documents-from-the-Executive-Office-of-the-President-Office-of-Science-and-Technology-Policy

·       In this same regard in an OSTP letter of January 5, 2010 responding to FOIA Request 09-34 Dave Hodge told me that there were three documents inside the OSTP that fell under the category of “files in the office on the subject of UFOs.” These documents are published on line at http://www.mediafire.com/?iolrv5ujuoccdxv



If there were documents in March 2011 when John Greenewald filed and there were other documents in January 2010 those documents should have been included as part of my FOIA 12-10. Documents as part of past FOIAs are documents, and there could be many more filed under FOIA that I am not aware of.  The idea that documents inside OSTP only include documents in the present FOIA calendar year is contrary to the underlying concepts that underpin the Freedom of Information Act.



I am requesting a new search and all UFO, and ET related FOIAs made to the OSTP should fall within the scope of my request. I want all documents, not all documents in the present FOIA calendar year.

Thank you for your consideration of this appeal.

Sincerely,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Defence Research and Development Canada and UAP Hardware Analysis for the five-eyes.

Missing Pages of Top Secret UFO Canadian Program