The 64 Reasons Why the Government Might Have Chosen not to Disclose the ET Reality
This article was last updated in 2010 so some of what is said may no longer apply. It may simply point out that the idea UFO disclosure and how the government deals with it has been going on for a long time.
Recent discussion in the ufology has been dominated lately by the idea of disclosure. The underlying idea is that the “government” should or would come to their senses and tell us the whole truth of the story.
I think there is a general agreement within the UFO community that UFO disclosure on the part of the government would be a good idea. Many researchers are therefore somewhat distressed that the government has made few open indications of any disclosures any time soon. There is, however, a disconnect between what is viewed as the apparent best course of action, and what is happening.
In the many lectures I have given on the President and his role in the UFO cover-up I have been often asked, why the government has chosen to cover-up the ET presence from the people.
To answer this question I looked back on the administration of Jimmy Carter who came into the White House after making the promise that he would release the UFO files once elected.
I have always believed that disclosure will come with extreme pressure on the government. This is the way it has happened with all major political shifts of the past. Rarely, if ever, has a politician come up with a good idea to advance society, and then had all members of the House and Senate jump in and pass it. UFO Disclosure, just because it is deemed a good idea for society, will not be given a free ride inside Congress. Nor should it. It is in competition with many good ideas being promoted by many public interest groups.
In viewing the actions of government I think it is important to
remember that the points below are talking about how the government (not a
normal average American citizen) might think. For example an average citizen
would use logic and see no threat where the government would. In
A similar example would be the handling of the security situation in the country following 911. Government security officials developed a system of yellow, orange, red alerts. Based on the same intelligence agencies that produced bad Iraqi War intelligence, the color of the light would be changed at wimp representing a different level of security threat. There was no obligation to justify any change in the color alert.
Historically, in almost every case, the government is dragged kicking and screaming to ever important advance in society. Some examples would be:
· Women’s Right to Vote began in 1848 when the first Woman's Rights Convention was held, but it was not until there were large demonstrations outside the White House, where 500 women were imprisoned, that woman got the right to vote in 1920. Women were not handed the vote. The vote came after 75 years of struggle.
· Both large and high profile demonstrations by Greenpeace activists have stopped US and French nuclear testing, radioactive waste dumping at sea, and generated a general ecological awareness by many nations. Our ideas of sustainability, animal protection, and preserving the environment came after years of pressure on politicians.
Gay rights was driven by many large marches on the Mall in
· Money for aids research came after great pressure exerted from within the gay and Hollywood communities.
The decision to end the Vietnam War came after years of
demonstration on campuses and various
Our present government is no more willing to make the move for disclosure than our past leaders were to let African-Americans and women vote, or to recognize gays. Enough people must support the issue until it becomes a powerful voting block. Then politicians who must get reelected begin to listen.
The reason by the forces that control the cover-up might be one (or a combination) of the following points.
1. Complexity: The ET presence is not a simple story such as “they are here.” All collected evidence points to the fact that the final story will be very complex and possibly multi dimensional. The more researchers study the phenomena the more visiting races there appear to be, and the more complex their technology looks. It appears to be far beyond what we know or can even comprehend.
Recent UFO research announcements have continued to show a
phenomenon that is constantly changing and becoming more complex. In the
Similarly, Mexican UFO researchers have begun to document on video
sightings of small white orb UFOs that have been flying over populated areas, such
as around the
The most recent films have also shown some sort of serpents like white objects flying through the sky dropping off white, red, and blue spheres. Thousand of films have been made of these objects.
2. National Security: Jimmy Carter entered the White House determined to release the UFO files, inspired by the fact he himself had had a sighting. However, after a UFO briefing Carter changed teams joining the cover-up side. He told actress Shirley MacLaine “it was true…there were occupants,” and that he wanted to “shine the sunshine laws on it to see how the people would react,” but he “couldn’t and wouldn’t.”
Carter spelled out that if the subject involved “national security” he wouldn’t release that material. Anything that the briefers would tie into threat to the security of the nation would be reason for Carter to keep quiet. Carter stated,
I don’t see any reason to keep information like that secret but there may be some aspect of the UFO information with which I am not familiar that might be related to some secret experiments that we doing that might involve our national security –our new weapons systems. I certainly wouldn’t release that. But if it was something removed from our national security, in my opinion as President I would go ahead and release that. I see nothing wrong with that.
Research attorney Peter Gerston stated “officials simply do not disclose secret information whether it be in the interests of national security or in their own vested interests.”
3. Don’t know what to do: The cover-up may simply be a case of the government not knowing what to do about the ET situation. They might be simply covering up their ignorance.
Wilbert Smith, who headed up the Canadian government investigation into flying saucers from 1950-1954, said “The only reason that those in authority have said nothing about it is that they simply don’t know what to do about it. “
This not knowing what to do led to a situation inside the Canadian government of helplessness. Wilbert B. Smith stated, “Fact is when certain government officials came face to face with the reality of the space people, and realized there was nothing they could do about it, they promptly closed their eyes and hoped the whole thing would go away.”
Fear: The President and other
high officials might simply afraid. Afraid to deal with the issue. When
President Clinton and his executive branch people took over the government in
1993, Dr. Steven Greer obtained an inside opportunity to brief Congressman Dan
Burton, the chairman of the powerful House Government Reform and Oversight
One year later
Edgar Mitchell, the Apollo 14 astronaut commented on the reason for the secrecy based on information that had been shared with him by old timers familiar with the intelligence factors related to the UFO cover-up. Mitchell said there is a very simple reason why governments have been so secretive: fear.
5. In-house Secrecy: The government, particularly the executive branch of the government would like to deal with the issue in secrecy. In the early years of government involvement, the government dealt with the UFO issue in part by the use of a public investigation – Project Blue Book. The whole project turned out to be a public relations nightmare where the government was forced to deal publicly with every UFO sighting, and other non-related items that people believed were related to the phenomena.
It is much easier to deal with an issue, especially one where there is no roadmap, in secrecy where dirty laundry and mistakes can be handled outside the scrutiny of media and the public.
6. Alien Cover-up: The aliens are covering up as well. They appear to be using what some researchers call a “leaky embargo.” They present themselves but in a way that proof can not be confirmed. Instead of landing and announcing they are here, they fly beside aircraft for a number of minutes, or pass messages to lone individuals who take the message to the world.
The aliens could land anytime they want and make themselves known. The aliens have refused to directly announce their presence, and this forces hesitation on behalf of the government.
If the aliens won’t announce, why should the government go first? The government is waiting to see what the ultimate goal of the aliens is.
7. Alien Masters: The aliens are in fact in charge. They directly or control everything related to their presence and the future disclosure of their presence. This is something the government could never admit publicly.
Government files illustrate a number of disturbing UFO sighting reports that show “hostile actions” by the aliens. Does the government want to announce this to the public, especially if the government can not control events?
8. Government gridlock: The announcement of an ET presence on earth would be front page news for months. It would stymie and dominate the government’s every action and not allow it to carry out any of its planned business. It would be Monica Lewinski situation times 1000.
Agencies like NASA would become irrelevant overnight. The government would face the question of why they continued to fund NASA when they knew the primate space efforts were a waste of taxpayer money.
“The purpose of the international conspiracy is to maintain a workable stability among the nations of the world and for them, in turn, to retain institutional control over their respective populations. Thus, for these governments to admit there are beings from outer space attempting to contact us, beings with mentalities and technological capabilities obviously far superior to ours, could, once fully perceived by the average person, erode the foundations of the Earth's traditional power structure. Political and legal systems, religions, economic and social institutions could all soon become meaningless in the mind of the public. The national oligarchical establishments, even civilization as we know it, could collapse into anarchy.”
9. Population Resistance: The government knows that the population is not ready to deal with aliens. It is conceivable that a certain percentage of citizens would not accept the alien presence and would in fact attack the aliens.
This is something that the government would have a hard time controlling as American citizens have a constitutional right to bear arms. The aliens might be seen as invaders or agents of the devil “in sheep’s clothing.”
Any attack against the aliens might result in a counterattack
causing massive damage on the country. (This point, however, is good news, as
it shows the aliens could never take over no matter what advanced technology
they had. They would end up bogged down in a
10. People Don’t Care: In the last 57 years the President has only faced the UFO question twice. In the 2004 election there was not a single UFO related question to one of the two major candidates. The people therefore do not see the UFO-ET presence as a key issue. Why would the government risk all the potential fallouts for an issue that no one cares about?
11. Past statements: The government has lied for almost 60 years and thus must continue the lie. One lie has been used to cover another and it is becoming impossible to come clean. The government must first come up with a way to explain they have been misleading the public for 57 years.
12. Collapse in Belief systems: This would be particularly evident among government scientists and engineers who would have to deal with the fact that their employer has been lying to them and feeding them false data, and more importantly the fact that most of their treasured beliefs in science we wrong.
The 1961 Brooking Institute study looked at this situation.
"It has been speculated that of all groups, scientists and engineers might be the most devastated by the discovery of relatively superior creatures, since these professions are most clearly associated with the mastery of nature, rather than with the understanding and expression of man."
As science fuels the modern technological advances, and upheaval would negatively affect the economy.
13. Fear of Death: One possibility is that the President has been threatened with death by the control group. Steven Greer told a story that a close friend of Bill Clinton’s had told him that “If the President does what you say - he fears that he will end up like Jack Kennedy.” This theory of the President being threatened with death to keep him quiet is actually quite popular in the UFO community. There have even been controversial documents leaked into the UFO community that even claim Kennedy was assassinated because he gave the order to declassify the ET presence.
14. Old Style Conservatives: Like in some religious settings the "conservatives" want to hang on to status quo as long as possible. The government would have to deal with this group which would not be willing to negotiate or compromise. This is commonly described as the reason major newspapers do not follow the UFO story. The editors are just simply old style skeptic conservatives.
There is a rumor in the UFO community that there is a split in the UFO control group over whether or not to disclose. As there is no disclosure it would appear that the conservatives still hold the majority of the votes.
15. Weapons Development: There is a need to develop ET technology in secret into super-weapons in case of alien attack. There is also a great desire by the military weapons people to develop weapons that are more efficient at killing. The alien technology would be a dream come true for weapon development people. Developers who control the technology may want to keep things secret to solidify their control over the technology before the public finds out. “My friends,” wrote Peter Gersten, “as long as technology is the prize, no official disclosure will ever take place.”
16. Lead Time: If the American military people have figured out 70% of the secrets behind the alien technology it would be dangerous to release this. The piece released might be exactly the piece required by the enemy to complete their weapons system. The defense sector knows that in modern war lead time is critical, as many present day wars only last days or months. Any advantage gained by alien technology would develop a weapons lead time of months or years. This would give the enemy no time to build their own system.
This lead time problem would also apply to lead times that might have been gained by an enemy also working on alien technology. Giving our adversaries an indication of what we know would allow the enemy to attack if he knew we had no counter measure.
17. Reverse Engineering – The government is buying for time till they have completed back engineering crashed saucers.
18. Need to Know: The population does not have the need to know. As one Navy Captain told researcher Ray Stanford in 1964 “those dealing with the problem are capable of rational judgment in the face of the unexpected. They know the facts… people are not ready to know the facts.”
This is a strong principle inside the military that they have special access to information that the population should not be given access to for various reasons. UFOs have always been described as a “need to know” item. Vice President Dick Cheney for example, when asked if he had been officially briefed on the subject of UFOs stated “If I had been briefed on that subject, it probably would have been classified and I wouldn’t be talking about it.”
19. Kickbacks and Profits: He who has the gold makes the rules. If the cover-up is controlled by insiders, as many believe, they could be resisting disclosure because of astronomical profits and kickbacks to be made from siphoning classified extraterrestrial ultra-technology into insider corporations.
Knowledge is power, and power brings profit in the capitalist system.
Lose of power: Power brokers who know
control the situation would definitely lose power. They would definitely have
less power in a World style government because the
21. Dependence on Oil: The entire economy is dependant on oil, and everyone addicted to it has become addicted to the technologies involved. It is part of the status quo, and people don’t like change.
Oil also involves a lot of money and jobs. This would be a major factor in keeping the money flowing to the people who are benefiting now.
Retooling an economy based almost entirely on oil would be very disruptive to society.
22. Short Sightedness: The government operates in the short term, and UFOs is a long term issue. Steven Greer stated that a person attached to the National Security advisor to President Reagan stated that long term in the government is 5 years.
The President only has a term of 4 years, and because he is always seeking votes his main interests usually lie in things that are achievable in his four year term. This is especially true if one measures the possible fallout of disclosure vs the votes that could be gained.
In a related point some military sources have said that government officials such as the President transitional figures; around for no more than eight years. There is no reason to bring them into a very complex issue for such a small period of time.
Nationalism: Disclosure of the ET
presence would transfer citizen allegiance from the
A future consideration is that if there is a one world view, the military, weapons developers, and security services people would find it hard to sell weapons and fear.
24. Government Black Operations - Many UFOs are secret government experiments that must be protected by covering up all sightings. This was the case made in the 1997 CIA study “A Die-Hard Issue: CIA's Role in the Study of UFOs, 1947-90,” written by CIA historian Gerald K. Haines. Haines stated that most of the UFOs seen since 1947 were caused by intelligence planes such as the U-2 and the SR-71.
25. Abductions: If the government would to disclose that there is an ET presence here on earth, one of the first questions that would be asked to the President is “As President you are constitutionally responsible for the protection of the American people. It has been estimated that 6-8 million people have been abducted by the extraterrestrials. In light of this Mr. President what are you doing to stop it.” Based on presently available evidence it appears that not only does the President not know how to stop it, he probably does not even know why the aliens are doing it.
26. Mutilations: The confirmation by the government that 10,000 or more cattle have been mutilated would send panic throughout the American populous. The fact that the government had known and did nothing to stop it would lead to a rash of lawsuits from farmers all over the country. As the government can do nothing to stop the mutilations – they would be faced with a no win situation. If the government itself is doing the mutilations as some claim, this naturally could never be released under any circumstances.
Some contend that there have been human mutilations, and if true
it appears that the government can not stop this either. The confirmation of a
human element to the mutilation phenomena would be like a nuclear bomb going
27. Waived Special Access Programs- There are also levels of SAP, the first being a division into acknowledged and unacknowledged SAPs. Black Program is slang for an unacknowledged SAP. An unacknowledged SAP is so sensitive that its very existence is a "core secret." Indeed, some unacknowledged SAPs are sensitive to the extent that they are "waived" (a technical term) from the normal management and oversight protocols. Even members of Congress on appropriations committees (the Senate and House committees that allocate budgets) and intelligence committees are not allowed to know anything about these programs. In the case of a waived SAP, only eight members of Congress (the chairs and ranking minority members of the four defense committees) are even notified that a given program has been waived (without being told anything about the nature of the program). Such a program is certainly deep black (though I am not sure if that designation is actually used in the business).
28. The Government Knows- There is a theory that the government might have many of the answers and is buying for time until they have the ability to deal with some of the more difficult UFO problems. Perhaps the control group has all the answers and the news is not good for the future of man. They may know that the alien agenda is bad, and that they are helpless to stop it. The government certainly wouldn’t want to release such an end of the world scenario.
Perhaps the aliens are good but the control group is afraid the aliens will tell everyone the truth of what has been going on since the 1940s. The control group losses control of writing history.
29. Building a Defense System: Those in control of the UFO data may be working on creating counter measures to defend or even attack the high technologies exhibited by UFOs. Bringing down UFOs “at will” would certainly be one technology that the military is busy trying to develop. This would be especially true if the military is taking the view that the UFOs represent an enemy.
30. We Are Being Studied: If "they" discover you, it is an old but hardly invalid rule of thumb, "they" are your technological superiors. Human history has shown us time and again the tragic results of a confrontation between a technologically superior civilization and a technologically inferior people. The "inferior" is usually subject to physical conquest.
b. Often in the past, a technologically superior people are also possessors of a more virile and aggressive culture. In a confrontation between two peoples of significantly different cultural levels, those having the inferior or less virile culture, most often suffer a tragic loss of identity and are usually absorbed by the other people.
c. The Brookings Study on The Implications of the Discovery of Extraterrestrial Life and Intelligence best described the fear that an encounter by our civilization with an advanced race might mean disaster. “Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the universe, which have disintegrated when they had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different life ways; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behavior.”
31. Lobby groups: The UFO community has only one lobbyist with very little money. Other interest groups such as the oil industry have scores of lobbyists. These lobbyists spend millions of dollars to influence congressional decisions. We simply don’t have the same influence.
Much of what happens in
32. Money: We don’t have much, and it takes a certain amount of it to finance proper research, set up political action movements which help influence government push through an important idea.
33. Alien threat: Perhaps the aliens have directly ordered the government (or government within the government) not to disclose the UFO secret.
34. Apprehension of invasion: Concern of human slavery, especially by the upper class elites, possible imprisonment by the colonizing alien races, and God knows what else. It was recorded in the 1997 CIA UFO study that the UFO over flights over the White House in July 1952 was a serious concern of President Truman’s staff.
Secrecy: It is part of the nature
of the military and government. Many much less important things are held
secret. The military has control and simply insists the secret be kept. General
Arthur Exon, for example testified he received a call from General Clements
McMullin following the crash at
36. Religious fallout. The Christian religion is the basis of the American society and the disclosure of the ET reality would affect some sectors of the Christian community.
In 1994, a study was done where 1,000 priests, ministers and rabbis were questioned about the impact of an ET presence on religion. One question dealt specifically how religion would react if ET were to “proclaim responsibility for producing human life.” 28% of all respondents replied that the believed or believed strongly that it would create a religious crisis. (28% of the American population would be over 82 million people in crisis)
It could be argued that the number affected by fallout in their belief structure would be small in the 21 century, but even a small percentage would deserve some protection in a group that holds a lot of power and influence in the present administration. 99% don’t have aids.
Moreover, religious beliefs sometimes influence those who control or gather the intelligence on the subject. Inside the CIA it was said that fundamentalist Christian agents believed remote viewing was satanic, and helped put an end to research.
Christians are waiting for the second coming of Jesus Christ. The Jews are waiting for the Messiah. The appearance of aliens instead can not be viewed as something that will have a positive effect.
Evolution: This would have to rank
as one of the key reasons a cover-up is being supported by the control group.
On many occasions
The American society has Christianity as a religious base, and most believe that mankind was a special creation of God. To present the public with proof that they are nothing more than an alien science fair project would be devastating.
38. Dark Inner Secrets: The cover-up of the ET reality might involve some secret inside the UFO cover-up. It is hard to image what this secret might be but one example might be if 5,000 Americans were killed in the early years to protect the secret. It might be a short trip to jail for some if the cover-up were ended.
39. Who’s in Charge: Perhaps the government is not covering up. President Bill Clinton told Sarah McClendon there was a government inside the government that he did not control. Perhaps the government is trying but has no power to disclose. Many in fact believe that control over the UFO subject compartmented away from legal and constitutional chain-of-command oversight and control. These people according to Steven Greer are “risk-averse, do not like significant change, and will not give up control and power easily.”
Elected public officials such as the President as transient faces that will be gone in 4,6, or 8 years. The government’s UFO role appears to have been run
for the last 58 years by some unelected group. In reality the elected
government may have no more power to disclose the UFO secrets than the average
American citizen. They may be totally out of the loop, as is illustrated by a
story told about
Cohen was approached by an astronaut who gave him a piece of UFO evidence along with the providence for the piece. Cohen spent much time and effort trying to track where this piece of evidence had gone and was unsuccessful.
40. Quite simply, we wouldn't have known how to deal with the technology of intelligent beings advanced enough to send a craft to Earth.
Status Quo: Things aren’t all that bad,
and its not worth the trouble that might arise from disclosure. Dr. Eric Walker
was the former president at
Everyone has a job and the people are satisfied enough to have
given George Bush a second term in the White House. Don’t rock the boat. The
secret weapon should be brought out only in the most extreme situations. There
are still oil options to exploit like the
42. Psi Warfare: There is much to indicate that mental phenomena are a large part of how the aliens fly the craft and how they communicate and control UFO abductees. The intelligence community would die for this technology, and would be very afraid of such technology falling into enemy hands.
The fact that “mental phenomena” is a key part of the UFO phenomena can be found as far back as a Canadian Top Secret memo written by the head of the government’s UFO program Wilbert Smith. He wrote,
I was further informed that the United States authorities are investigating along quite a number of lines which might possibly be related to the saucers such as mental phenomena and I gather that they are not doing too well since they indicated that if Canada is doing anything in geo-magnetics they would welcome a discussion with suitably accredited Canadians.
The idea that “mind control” technology is part of the reason for the cover-up was even raised with President Clinton’s science advisor in 1994 by Cecil B. Jones. Jones was a partner with Laurance Rockefeller in their initiative to get President Clinton to declassify classified UFO files.
In a February 17, 1994 from Jones to Dr. Jack Gibbon’s Jones wrote,
“My mention of mind control at the February 4 meeting was quite deliberate. Please be careful about this. There are reasons to believe that some government group has interwoven research about this technology with alleged UFO phenomena. If that is correct, you can expect to run into early resistance when inquiring about UFOs, not because of the UFO subject, but because that has been used to cloak research and applications of mind-control activity.” 
44. President as Goat: Fear by the President of being the goat. History could record the disclosing president as being the hero, but there is an equal chance he might be seen as the president who ruined everything. It might be this human nature fear that stops the President from releasing.
45. Alien’s Hidden Agenda: The main mission of the visiting ET presence is not clear. Until this is clear it would be dangerous to release. The wacko UFO element will get a lot of media coverage without any concrete evidence to counter the wild claims.
The aliens are withholding the announcement of their presence for a reason. If the government announces and the aliens don’t, the government would then be forced to explain the secrecy being used by the aliens. It is apparent that the aliens have not shared this with the government.
No answers: The government has no
answer to many aspects of the UFO phenomena such as cattle mutilations or human
abduction. Moreover, the government not only does not know how to stop it –
they don’t even know why the aliens are doing it. It would be absolutely
impossible to put the President of the
47. Counter-intelligence against the American people: In order to hide their ignorance on the UFO situation the government was forced to spread false stories within public media sources that they had control of the situation. The government is finding their ignorance on the situation. All stories about Area 51, alien alliances for technology, and back engineered alien technologies are nothing more that counter intelligence designed to convince the public they have the ET situation under control.
Alien airspace: The aliens are allowed to
fly around in
49. Mass shock and world-wide panic: Despite the notion that society has matured, the government knows that shock and panic would be the order of the day. People did panic during 911 and in the 2003 Northeast blackout. Even President George W. Bush panicked in the hours following 911.
In both cases the
50. Stock Market Collapse: There would be a meltdown of the stock market. Those in control own stock. They would therefore hesitate to do things that would eliminate their holdings.
Oil stocks might lose most of their value within minutes of the confirmation of an extraterrestrial presence. This would lead to other panicked traders selling other stocks to protect their positions. In the cases of the 911 attack and the 2003 blackout the stock market crashed and there was not much the government could do except to close the market before it reached zero. The government was able to open the market after a couple days after convincing the population that they had the situation under control, and that the event would never happen again. In the case of UFOs there is no indication that the government has any control over the situation, so opening the stock market would lead to a continued meltdown.
A close associate of Wilbert Smith who did metallurgic analysis of UFO fragments for Smith told me clearly in an interview I did with him in the 1970s, “If you ever find out that they are going to release the UFO secret tomorrow, be sure you sell everything you have today, because tomorrow everything will be worth nothing.”
End of Nationalism: People would transfer
their allegiance from the
Situations like the collapse of the former
Free Energy Dilemma: Free energy to countries
It will be important for the American government to retain control over the new technology so it can be used to maintain the present economic world view. It will also be important to control the technology because it could be used by terrorists against American interest at home and around the world. There have been many examples in UFO sightings which show that the alien technology has great potential for destruction.
Procrastination: The nature of government
is to procrastinate on everything. Of all the issues being put off to another
time, the ET presence is the biggest. Henry Kissinger, a former Secretary of
State for Richard Nixon and often rumored to be a member of the UFO control
group, was rumored to have stated, “UFOs are the biggest hot potato in
Rarely does a government take up a new idea and simply pass it. Government flows with the pressures exerted by lobby groups and polls. They are in power to carry out the will of the people, not introduce new ideas.
54. Religious Fallout: The government fears there will be very negative fallout inside the religious community which is the basis of American society. Conservative religious leaders might declare aliens the agents of the devil and a religious war could break out.
55. Shift in Credibility: If the government were to disclose they would lose all their credibility on the subject after years of lies. This distrust would spill over into statements being made by government officials on other non-UFO related items. The power would shift from the government to the UFO community.
More importantly, the credibility on telling the UFO story would shift to the UFO community who will claim they were right all along. Many in the media and public will look to the UFO community for answers.
However, many in the UFO community know that the community is not united, and there are some fringe elements. These fringe elements will be giving the major media sources stories like humans are being served in an alien McDonald’s on the back side of the moon serving up humans. Researchers with negative alien viewpoints could spin the abduction and animal mutilation stories into an uncontrollable public relations disaster. These stories will carry similar weight to researchers with a more conservative view. The media would not know who to believe.
56. Overpopulation: New alien medical technologies would cut disease and increase life spans which would cause rapid overpopulation. Some estimated state 23,000 children needlessly die each day from disease and hunger. Most of these children, however, are in third countries that are causing damage to the American economy with cheap imports because of low wages. Allowing their populations to increase faster would aggravate the problem.
This massive growth in third world populations would upset the present world order. The American government is elected to represent its voters and not people in other countries.
57. An uncontrolled Release: Any attempt to make a partial disclosure announcement (the ETs are here but we won’t talk about areas of the subject that are still classified) would give the green light to people who are “read into” the program. These people might consider the partial disclosure as a green light to start talking about what they know. This might include material the government doesn’t want released.
Increased terrorist power: The new technologies
might fall into the hands of terrorists. They would be far more effective with
this in their war against
59. Ridicule: The reason for the cover-up is the same reason other paranormal subjects are kept secret. Those in power are afraid of ridicule by the media. Ridicule can be used by political opponents to gain votes.
A prime example of this is the story of Nancy Reagan and her use of an astrologer to determine the President’s daily schedule, or the case of Hillary Clinton who was accused of channeling with new age guru Jean Houston. In both cases the President lost a lot of political capitol, and public relations people had to work hard to restore the White House as a place where sane and down to earth people live.
Foreign Weapons: Government is concerned
some UFOs may be other nations weapons systems. In 1953 the U.S. Air Force had
a project called “Blue Moon” to try and photograph unidentified enemy aircraft.
It was hoped the project would identify new enemy prototypes, modifications and
installations being made on present enemy aircraft. The idea is to secretly
study all unknown in hopes of identifying advanced technology which could be
used by the
61. No Public Support – Ufology groups have been unable to marshal up the public support to create a massive demonstration. Therefore disclosure is an issue people don’t want. The lack of support the position of the control group to continue the secrecy. If the situation was really serious and detrimental to the well being of society more people would speak up.
62. Sources & Methods – Any disclosure announcement would confirm the locations of where the back engineering technologies have been taking place. This is free intelligence to the enemy allowing them to point their spies and satellites in the right direction.
63. Dead pilots- In the early days of the modern UFO era the U.S.A.F. made a number of attempts to shoot down UFOs. There were many reports of pilots dying and there are rumors that the actual number would be a source of embarrassment to the control group should there be a disclosure.
64. Nuclear Weapons – This is one of the main reasons UFOs are here – the evils of nuclear weapons. The government would never admit this as they would have to disassemble all their nuclear weapons and the industry around it.
Disclose or Continue to Cover-up?
Despite these many drawbacks to disclosure there appears to be one overriding reasons for disclosure. In almost every case these drawbacks will all still exist when disclosure finally takes place, and there is no doubt disclosure is coming. It is only a matter of time.
Therefore we have a choice to disclose and go through the pain of the release now when oil is reaching $60.00 a barrel, or we can go through it in 20 years when oil reaches $600.00 a barrel.
It is similar to the analogy of smoking. You can either quit smoking when you get the warning or wait until the diagnosis that you have lung cancer. The chances for survival seem to clearly indicate that procrastination is not a viable option when it comes to disclosure.
 Peter Gersten, “Official Disclosure: A practical impossibility” AlienZoo 07/10/2000
 Wilbert Smith interview with the Sudbury Star.
 Dr. Steven Greer’s interview on Coast to Coast with Art Bell, August 8/9, 2004
 Victor Marchetti, “How the CIA Views the UFO Phenomena.” Second Look , Vol. 1, No. 7, May '79
Donald N., ed. Proposed Studies on the Implications of Peaceful Space
Activities for Human Affairs by the Brookings Institution to the 87th U.S.
Congress, report No. 242.
 Peter Gersten “Official Disclosure; A Practical impossibility” Alien Zoo 07/10/2000
 Bernard Haisch, Ph.D., Black Special Access Programs
 Michael, Donald N., ed. Proposed Studies
on the Implications of Peaceful Space Activities for Human Affairs by the
Brookings Institution to the 87th U.S. Congress, report No. 242.
 Greer, Steven, “Understanding UFO Secrecy” < http://extraterrestrial-life.net/Understanding_UFO_secrecy.htm>
 Memo – Wilbert Smith to the Controller of Telecommunications: Department of Transport, November 21, 1950.
 Letter – C.B. Scott Jones to dr. Jack Gibbons, 10/17/94
It is rare that Ufologists agree on anything. However, when it comes to abductions all the top researchers agree on one point. Nothing can be done to stop abduction. Joe Montaldo, head of ICAR which has 7,000 contactees, stated “We have found no way to stop a contact.” Elaine Douglass, one of the editors for the Journal of Abduction Research stated “The planet is being coerced…they have absolutely no control.